Discomfort Free is a blog from massage therapist Hilma Louise Volk:
I am not a doctor. I am a massage therapist. The techniques I show primarily involve self-massage and stretching. You control the pressure of self massage at all times. Stretches should never be forced or painful. If you get a gut feeling that these suggestions are not right for you – don’t do them. If you diligently use the techniques every day for at least a week and see no improvement, you should consult a physician.
Also, if your problem has progressed to the point to where your hands feel “dead” most of the time, you are at risk for permanent nerve damage and should see a physician.
The advise in this website is for given is for numbness or tingling that has progressed gradually over a period of time from an occupation, or hobby, or both. It can result from accumulative repetitive movements (know as repetitive strain injuries) from such motions as hammering, cutting hair, typing, playing piano, knitting, etc. — or from postural imbalances or frequent awkward positions (known as cumulative trauma injuries).
Hilma provides a series of instructional videos that you can use to locate and treat the cause of your problem.
Recent Posts from Discomfort Free:
- Quinoa Toss Salad Recipe - November 27th, 2020
- "Quinoa Toss Salad — this is a hearty, delicious salad that can be used as a complete meal. Quinoa Toss Salad Recipe: * 1/2 head broccoli * 2 cups quinoa * 4 radishes, finely chopped * 1 slice ginger, finely … Continue reading →"
- Healthy Fats, Unhealthy Fats - November 17th, 2020
- "Good Fats, Bad Fats. The Skinny on Fats This video covers saturated fats, polyunsaturated fats, coconut oil, omega 3 fatty acids, omega 9 fatty acids, fish oil, monounsaturated fats, deep fried food problems, and trans fatty acids – otherwise known … […]"
- Numb Foot or Leg or Pain in the Butt? Piriformis Muscle - November 15th, 2020
- "This Deep In the Butt Muscle… Called the Piriformis Is a Fairly Common Culprit for Foot Numbness… And Butt Pain With Prolonged Sitting A tight piriformis muscle is one possible cause of numbness in the foot or numbness down the … Continue reading […]"
- Improve Your Eyesight. I Ditched My Reading Glasses - November 15th, 2020
- "Can you improve your vision? I was becoming increasingly frustrated with print becoming harder to read. I was almost entirely dependent on reading glasses. Not prescription, but the cheap kind – which did work very well. But without them, printed … […]"
- Install a toilet bidet on your existing toilet - November 8th, 2020
- "Put a Bidet on Your Toilet I never had a bidet before. Now I absolutely love it. It is one of my favorite things. As Joan Rivers used to say, “can we talk”… The savings on toilet paper is amazing. … Continue reading →"