Discomfort Free is a blog from massage therapist Hilma Louise Volk:
I am not a doctor. I am a massage therapist. The techniques I show primarily involve self-massage and stretching. You control the pressure of self massage at all times. Stretches should never be forced or painful. If you get a gut feeling that these suggestions are not right for you – don’t do them. If you diligently use the techniques every day for at least a week and see no improvement, you should consult a physician.
Also, if your problem has progressed to the point to where your hands feel “dead” most of the time, you are at risk for permanent nerve damage and should see a physician.
The advise in this website is for given is for numbness or tingling that has progressed gradually over a period of time from an occupation, or hobby, or both. It can result from accumulative repetitive movements (know as repetitive strain injuries) from such motions as hammering, cutting hair, typing, playing piano, knitting, etc. — or from postural imbalances or frequent awkward positions (known as cumulative trauma injuries).
Hilma provides a series of instructional videos that you can use to locate and treat the cause of your problem.
Recent Posts from Discomfort Free:
- Stop Hiccups Fast - January 23rd, 2019
- "How to quickly stop your hiccups. This technique can quickly get rid of your hiccups. The above is for common hiccups that you just get once in a while. Now if you have hiccups many times a day for days … Continue reading →"
- 20 Tips For Keeping Your Child With Special Needs Safe In Your Home - January 13th, 2019
- "20 Tips For Keeping Your Child With Special Needs Safe In Your Home Many individuals with Autism and other special needs, including my 18-year-old son, Michael, might not be aware of the numerous potential dangers that exist in our homes. … Continue reading […]"
- Fittband Resistance Band for Legs and Butt - October 31st, 2018
- "This is a video I made on the Fittband, an exercise band for the glutes and legs. The Fittband by Refresh Sports is an adjustable band for legs and butt. In this video I demonstrate some of the ways you … Continue reading →"
- Sept. 18 Only. Sit/Stand Desk Deals on Amazon - September 14th, 2018
- "If you have been looking for a sit/stand desk, the FlexiSpot company has several products with Amazon Deals, One Day Only, September 18th, 2018. You can see the details of the products and reviews before that if you wish. Please … Continue reading → […]"
- Comfortable Tablet Holder - June 19th, 2018
- "Tablets can cause users a lot of discomfort. A common problem is thumb pain and frequently pain on the little finger side as gripping such a thin surface is hard on those hand muscles. This is a review of the … Continue reading →"