Ergonomics is the art of designing work environments for maximum safety and efficiency. The following web sites discuss ergonomics, and help you to set up your computer workstation or workspace to minimize the dangers of RSI and other repetitive stress disorders.
- A blog covering the world of computer ergonomics, voice recognition software, and dealing with repetitive strain injuries. There’s a lot of fine information and opinion here.
- This site offers stretching exercises, with accompanying videos, for eyes, the face and jaw, the neck, shoulders, the back, arms and elbows, wrists and hands, the hips, legs, feet and ankles. Ergocise also offers a free, web-based ergonomic exercise program especially designed for computer users.
- Ergo-Motion Consulting
- Provides ergonomic consulting and educational training focused on improving the performance of your people and preventing injuries.
- Ergonomic Times
- A portal to information, useful resources & discussions on computer related injuries and ergonomics.
- Ergonomics and Musculoskeletal Disorders
- This site from NIOSH (the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) contains huge amount of information on ergonomics and musculoskeletal disorders, for all types of occupations. Includes information on scientific research, ergonomics programs, risk factors, and much more.
- Relating the principles of ergonomics to the quality of posture and movement. This Web Site is dedicated to the exchange of information between the fields of ergonomics and the Alexander Technique.
- Designs and manufactures ergonomic products for wellness, productivity, and efficiency.
- The trusted source for ergonomics news, with headline news, news on upcoming events, and searchable news archives.
- This site has assembled the world’s foremost experts to provide unbiased information on computer-related health and safety. Developed through the joint efforts of nearly a dozen leading ergonomists, physicians, and physical therapists, HealthyComputing com is the premier source for office ergonomics.
- Microsoft Healthy Computing Guide
- The Heathly Computing Guide shows you ways to stay comfortable and productive while using your computer.
- Office Ergonomics Training
- This site contains office ergonomics information aimed at ergonomics professionals as well as office workers in general. Includes information on low back pain, eyestrain, hand and arm problems, ergonomic products, ergonomic chairs, alternative keyboards, and much more.
- One of the largest resources on the Internet for finding information and learning more about Ergonomics, Human Factors, and User Interface Design.
- Non-profit information website with information, product recommendations, therapeutic resources and articles pertaining to RSI. Learn to prevent Repetitive Strain Injuries so your body will last a lifetime and you can enjoy unlimited activities at work, at home, and in your retirement years.
Note: All links open in a new window or tab.