- Loaded with information on the design of work systems, workplaces, and workstations as well as human anthropometics, Ergonomics for Beginners: A Quick Reference Guide, Third Edition provides a useful quick reference and valuable tool for novices and experienced professionals alike. Retaining the features that made each previous edition a bestseller, the authors have meticulously revised the information to address rapid developments in information and communications technology, offering ergonomics advice on topics such as wireless, remote, and hands-free controls, website design, mobile interaction, and virtual offices. By Jan Dul.Price: $33.76 Save $6.19!Buy Now
- The authors have done their ergonomic homework and the solutions they come up with will amaze you. Perhaps you've been making do with a worn-out old mattress in the bedroom, an office chair that won't let you sit up straight, and a computer screen that you struggle to read with your bifocals. Somewhere there is the proper equipment built just for you. This book will show you how to find them. By Gordon Inkeles and Iris Schencke.Price: $19.67 Save $1.28!Buy Now
- Long considered a must-have reference for the HF/E practitioner, Handbook of Human Factors lives up to its well-deserved reputation with this completely revised third edition. The result is a magnificently thorough and comprehensive treatment of HF/E today. Winner of the Institute of Industrial Engineers Joint Publishers Book-of-the-Year Award, this thoroughly revised Third Edition of Gavriel Salvendy's seminal work compiles the research of 109 of the world's top thinkers and practitioners in one volume. By Gavriel Salvendy.Price: $124.50 Save $160.50!Buy Now
- Technological innovation is progressing so quickly that we have fallen behind our ability to manage it. Our world is filled with objects that invite human error-from VCRs to stoves to hospitals, airplane cockpits, and nuclear power plants. Problems-some potentially catastrophic-continuously arise when designs are developed without human nature in mind. What we really need, argues Kim Vicente, is technology that works for people. The award-winning The Human Factor offers solutions that have enormous implications for human life. Accessible, entertaining, and provocative, it is certain to create much debate for years to come. By Kim Vicente.Price: $29.79 Save $7.16!Buy Now
- This book discusses the ergonomic principles of shaping products, workstands, and work processes, highlighting the significance of international requirements for competitiveness in world economy. It presents the scientific basis for each safety and health issue, followed by well-illustrated case studies to demonstrate the concepts and theories and their application in real-world situations. Developed by a team of renowned contributors, the book includes strategies for creating safe working conditions, accurately assessing hazards posed by harmful environmental factors, and preventing occupational accidents and diseases. Meticulously designed to be user-friendly, it provides the tools to create a safety culture beginning at the enterprise level through to the individual employee.Price: $124.43 Save $15.52!Buy Now
- The author of 'Pain Free' returns to address the subject of pain caused by computer work. His philosophy is that carpal tunnel surgery, ergonomic chairs, and pain-killing medicines are poor choices for the treatment of this pain and that only the realignment of the body and correction of muscle weakness can fix computer-related stiff necks, headaches, and carpal tunnel syndrome. In plans for low, moderate, and heavy users of computers, Egoscue offers well-illustrated stretches and strengthening exercises. By Pete Egoscue.Price: $10.97 Save $5.03!Buy Now
Prices shown are accurate as of Sep 29, 2017 14:38pm UTC. Please follow the links for current pricing. Purchasing products through these affiliate links helps to support this web site. Thank you for your patronage!
Best-Selling Books about Ergonomics
Human Factors In Engineering and Design$276.78
Introduction to Human Factors Engineering (2nd Edition)$220.00 Save $35.60!
Handbook of Human Factors and Ergonomics$200.55 Save $114.45!
Handbook of Aviation Human Factors, Second Edition (Human Factors in Transportation)$128.30 Save $60.65!
Kodak's Ergonomic Design for People at Work$108.72 Save $66.28!
Fundamentals of Biomechanics$84.02 Save $24.98!
A Guide to Human Factors and Ergonomics, Second Edition$79.05 Save $25.90!
Canine Ergonomics: The Science of Working Dogs$76.73 Save $36.22!
Maynard's Industrial Engineering Handbook$74.84 Save $195.16!
Designing for Situation Awareness: An Approach to User-Centered Design, Second Edition$60.72 Save $20.23!
The Measure of Man and Woman: Human Factors in Design$57.20 Save $22.80!
Safety Differently: Human Factors for a New Era, Second Edition$41.93
Resilience Engineering: Concepts And Precepts$41.12 Save $8.83!
Practice Dentistry Pain-Free: Evidence-based Ergonomic Strategies to Prevent Pain and Extend Your Career$39.95
Prices shown are accurate as of Sep 29, 2017 14:37pm UTC. Please follow the links for current pricing. Purchasing products through these affiliate links helps to support this web site. Thank you for your patronage!